I’m so excited to share this recipe with you all! This is a family recipe that my mom and her sister’s make every Christmas- and have for as long as I can remember! Biscotti is such a great holiday gift as well! That and a bag of organic, fair trade coffee - that’s a grade A gift!
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp ground ginger root
3 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chip pieces
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Beat butter in large bowl on med to high for 30 seconds. Add sugars, baking powder,
cinnamon nutmeg; beat till combined. Beat in eggs and gingerroot till combined.
beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining
flour with a wooden spoon. set aside 2 tbsp of the nuts. Stir in remaining
nut into dough. Divide dough in half.
2. Shape each portion into 12 in roll. Place 5 in apart on a parchment covered cookie
sheet. Flatten slightly to 2 in width. Sprinkle reserved chopped nuts on top
3. Bake in a 375 for 20-25 min or till lightly browned. cool 1 hour on cookie
4. Cut into 1/2 in slices bake 325 for 10 min. turn, bake 10-15 min more . cool
on wire rack
5. Melt chocolate pieces and coconut oil. Dip bottom edge of each cookie into
chocolate. (FYI- I forgot to do this step before I took my photo)