Black Grapefruit Lemonade
Do you want a beverage that is nourishing, hydrating, soothing, and detoxifying all in one?!
This is it. Eureka my friends!
I started implementing a few more detoxing and anti-inflammatory practices since my trip to Croatia (bc wine and pastries) so I’m so into this drink right now. Inspired by my latest trip to a juicery… a drink like this cost $8. I was like what?! So I put my own spin on it and damn its good.
Here’s the ingredient low down:
- Alkaline water: used for natural detoxification by helping our bodies metabolize nutrients and expel toxins. powerfully hydrating with beneficial minerals (calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium) that help to dissolve acids in the blood.
- Ginger: a carminative (a food that decreases intestinal gas) and an intestinal spasmolytic (a food that relaxes and soothes the intestines). Helps to ease the stomach and accelerate gastric emptying. Used to treat primarily nausea and vomiting and other inflammatory conditions.
- Lime Juice: High in vitamin C, detoxifying, and alkalizing to the body.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Nourishing, calming, and soothing for your intestines. Supportive of the stomach lining and stomach acid production.
- Activated charcoal: Natural remedy used to trap toxins and in the body, allowing them to be flushed out so the body doesn’t reabsorb them.
- Grapefruit: I’m not even going to go into this one… I’m tired and everyone knows grapefruit are awesome.
- 1 cup alkaline H20
- 1 inch knob of ginger
- 1/2 a grapefruit
- Activated charcoal, 1 – 1 ½ tsp (I used 3 capsules. If you haven’t had it before, you might want to start with 1 or 2)
- Aloe vera juice, 2 tbsp
- Lime juice, 2 tbsp
- Maple syrup, 1 tbsp (optional)
1. Add grapefruit, ginger and water to a blender. Blend on high until emulsified. Pour through a strainer into a mason jar. Pour strained liquid back into the blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until combined.